Friday 13 November 2009

Merry Little Christmas

This week's challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge is Song Title/Lyric.  I only seem to be doing Christmas cards at the moment (funny that innit) and this challenge fitted nicely.  My song would either be Blue Christmas, or Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.  Not sure I would say either were my favourite  songs but they are up there in terms of Christmas songs.  I'm sure 'Have yourself a merry little Christmas' was from Meet me in St Louis which I just love - nothing better on a rainy Saturday to sit down and watch an old musical, especially ones with Judy Garland.

This also fits the challenge at Colour Create is Blue, Silver, White with Winter and Glitter as optional extras and Charisma Cards which are looking for Merry and Bright.

Here's my card


Papers are from ProvoCraft Christmas Cheer, images are PB Holly Day Critters, coloured with copics and sakura glitter.  I paper pieced and glossed the wee hedgie's bauble and embossed the silver mirror board with swiss dots.  The stars were punched, coloured and attached to thread which I sewed onto the ribbon so that they will dangle (hee hee, won't do a hem but will sew for a card!)

Take care

Laurane x

4 comments:

  1. beautiful card laurane....love your cute images and perfect for your song choice...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH what a cute card!!! Love the image you have colored beautifully.....
    thank you for joining us at Colour Create.. hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this! Love you image - perfect paper choices - great embellishments! Great job! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

    xx-Deanne and the entire Colour Create Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! this is such a sweet image. Love how you used the colors for this week's color challenge. Thanks for joining Colour Create!!! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete