Monday 19 October 2009

Blue Christmas

The challenge over at Stamp Something is 'bling'.  As you might be able to tell 'bling' in the form of glitter and gloss is one of my favourite things - I'm a bit of a sucker for sequinny clothes although I don't get much of a chance to wear them.  I think I must be a frustrated ballroom dancer ..... and don't get me started on fringes!

Anyway, I made this Christmas card :


The papers are Provo Craft Christmas Cheer and the images are Penny Black 'Critters Holiday'.  I coloured the images with copics and highlighted with sakura glitter pens.  The baubles were also covered in glossy accents.  I tried loads of photos to get the glitter and gloss but it wasn't really happening although if you click on the images you can see the 'bling' much more clearly.  Here's a close-up




Karen's Challenge 41 at Charisma Cards is 'distressing'.  She reckoned it would be good therapy to get tearing and ripping - I have to say I think she was right - this was fun.


I have to say I just love, love love this Daisy image which is an Elisabeth Bell Sugar Nellie one - I can't help smiling when I see her.  The papers are K & Co Classic Bailey and I thought they tied in pretty well with the distressing theme - I just set to with a pair of scissors.  I spent ages trying out different embellishments but nothing seemed to work so I've just left it plain for now.

I just got a couple of new stamps delivered today from Funky Kits and I'm off to play.

Thanks for looking

Laurane x

4 comments:

  1. Two adorable cards. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Great coloring and love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Great choice of stamp, I just love this kitty! Lots of yummy sparkle, thanks for joining us at Stamp Something! Good Luck, Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards
    Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete