Sunday 29 June 2014

Lord of the Rings and hobbity things

I did this card for a young friend of mine who is majorly into all things Tolkein, with the intention of entering it into the clarity masculine challenge.

It took me an eternity to get the crossword and hobbity words using the letterbox kit into a format I could fit onto an eight by eight card.  I went over the squares in versamark and clear embossing powder and then I kept the background fairly simple using the big bare branch stamp and dotty wave stencil which I think gave it a mordor-like look. 

I am actually blogging this from a very hot and sunny Cyprus - the wonders of technology. 

Laurane x

1 comment:

  1. I'm not surprised it took you so long.she must be a good friend. Great card. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete